Monday, November 14, 2005

Jimmy Jacobs on Eddie Guerrero

I don't like to post too much about industry reactions to wrestling deaths but I felt the need to point this one out from Jimmy Jacobs. If you recall last year Jacobs had a match with Eddie on SD where he got totally squashed to put over Eddie's latest sadistic gimmick. Here's a snippet:

...but that day when I found out I was working with Eddie, I went up to him and said "Hi. I'm Jimmy. I think we're working together tonight." The first thing Eddie did was apologize. "Jimmy. I want to apologize for the match. I would love to have a competitive match with you, but tonight this match needs to be %100. Please understand this is just business. I'm truly sorry, and I want to thank you for your professionalism. God willing, we'll work again under better circumstances." It really struck me that he would do that.

You can read the rest here as you learn more about the kind of man and how professional Eddie was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home